Oz Dance Center (ODC) staff and director will always strive to provide an education that includes discipline, respect for adults and teachers, team sportsmanship, commitment, and most importantly FUN. We believe that dance should be a fun experience that promotes self-expression, confidence, and a healthy lifestyle.
We will always strive to offer the best dance education possible so that your child can go as far as they desire with their dance however, we do understand that not everyone wants to be a professional dancer. Although we understand that dance may not be your child’s only activity, we do encourage class and company participation.
The best most effective way to keep up with all that is going on at the studio is to subscribe to our website or check the studio calendar that is on the website, also to “like” our face book page. The links are below:
Please go over these policies with your child to be sure that ODC is the right dance school for you. In an effort to offer all students and their families an organized, friendly, exciting, and most importantly a fun experience, we ask that you adhere to our policies.
Inclement Weather: In the event of future inclement weather, we normally follow what the Dothan City Schools do. If we do close for inclement weather, it will be posted on our website, a message will be posted on our Facebook page and an email will be sent to all the customers.
Please read the following….
1. Students are to arrive to class at least 10 minutes before class begins.
- Students that are more than 10 minutes late to class will not be admitted. (Unless called prior to time)
- It is extremely important that all students warm-up their muscles before dancing to avoid injury. Warm-up occurs at the beginning of every class.
2. All monthly tuition payments are to be paid in full on the first class day of each month and no later than the 5th of the month. The studio accepts cash, check, money order, and credit cards.
- Place student’s name in the memo portion of the check.
- Payments made after the 10th of each month are subject to a $20 late charge.
- Students may be asked to sit out of class if tuition is not received by the 20th of the month, unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
3. Please notify the studio if you will be absent from classes
- Missed classes may be made up in another class of similar age and level from September to December.
- Beginning in January, choreography for each class for recital will begin making it impossible to enter a class you are not familiar with.
- If a student is absent between January and May the instructor will go on with the choreography and you may not be in that section of the dance. It is very hard to learn choreography and to perform at your best if you are not in class. Payments Toward recital already made will not be refunded.
4. All students will abide by the studio dress code set forth by each teacher.
- Hair MUST be pulled back away from the face.
5. Students should arrive dressed according to the dress code and with all necessary hair accessories and shoes in the dance bag.
- All shoes should have the child’s name written in them.
- The staff assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, or misplaced items.
- We do try to keep a lost and found box in case we do find items, so we recommend that you check the box for lost items.
6. Students will respect their instructors and never disrupt a class.
7. If a parent needs to speak with an instructor, please try to either make an appointment with that instructor or do so when the instructor is free, never disrupt a class.
8. Costume orders will be placed for only those costumes that have been paid for at the time of ordering, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Dancers will be measured before ordering costumes. Costumes are ordered based on size charts given by the costume companies. Some costumes may be slightly larger than your child’s actual size; therefore some alterations may be needed.
- Shoes are not included in the costume price.
- All costume deposits are non-refundable, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Costumes are forfeited to the studio if the student withdraws before the dance season is over.
9. The reception and dressing area is available to parents while students are attending class and to students that are waiting for classes to begin.
- Students must be picked up from the studio within 15 minutes of the conclusion of their classes, unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
- However, all young children must be under the supervision of a responsible adult parent or guardian; ODC staff is NOT responsible for your child unless during scheduled class time.
- Children are NOT allowed to wait outside for their rides. We request that you make arrangements to either come in to the studio to pick up your child or have them watching for you to arrive.
- We are not responsible for any children that are left unattended. We are NOT a babysitting service!
- We will access charges to your account if your child is left more than 15 minutes before or after their class in order to cover the charge of one of our staff members watching them.
10. Food, gum, candy, or drinks are not allowed in the classrooms. Cell Phones are not allowed in the classroom. Water may be brought in.
11. REFUNDS: Once registered, student class placement is considered reserved for the season and it is expected to be a financial commitment for the season therefore we do not prorate any fees for missed classes or holidays. Also, there will be no refunds/credit given for classes missed or if a class is dropped during the month nor do we refund registration or recital fees or costume payments if a student quits. In order for our studio to stay in business, we depend on tuition being paid on time. We also have bills to pay and instructors to pay.
- Tuition is based on a yearly basis that ODC has divided into monthly payments to suit your needs. Therefore monthly payment amount does not change if there are 3 weeks in a month or if there are 5.
12. In case of withdrawal from ODC, the director should be notified immediately of the withdrawal from classes and a withdrawal form placed on file at the studio. The withdrawal notice MUST be given 1-month in advance.
- Until such time, the space will be held for the student and the charges will be invoiced to the parents or guardians of the child.
- A payment schedule may be arranged for families with financial hardship, provided all fees are paid in full before the recital.
- If a child quits during the season and returns, the registration fee will need to be repaid.
- We encourage and ask that all students finish out the season before withdrawing to pursue other interests.
13. Please note: The studio only observes major holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- We also observe time off for Spring Break. If you are unsure about whether or not we will have classes, please check with your instructor, our website, or check you email. All studio closings will be posted in advance. We DO NOT prorate fees for time off.
14. Students will only be dismissed by the instructor.
- If a student needs to be excused for any reason during class, they must ask permission from the instructor.
- No child will be released from class on their own accord.
- For early dismissal, parents must make arrangements with the instructor prior to class starting. This policy is simply a matter of safety.
15. Proper respect for the director, staff, studio, curriculum, fellow students from ODC and other dance studios, and the facility is EXPECTED of all parents, students, and siblings.
- We ask that this respect be given on or off-site at all times when participating in a studio event, performance, or out of town excursions such as competitions. Respect for others is just as important as your ability to dance.
16. Discipline: ODC uses the ‘3 strikes and your out’ concept. Any disruptive or disrespectful behavior will be handled in the following manner.
- Verbal Warning
- Time Out -Student will be made to sit down for 10 minutes
- Dismissed from class – Student will be escorted to their parent or the parent will be called to come pick up the child.